Versailles Palace & Gardens: Skip the Line Guided Tour
- Avoid long queues with exclusive skip-the-line access to the Versailles Palace and make the most of your time in this exquisite city.
- An expert tour guide will keep you company, while sharing insight about the palace
- Get dazzled by the Hall of Mirrors - a corridor filled with 357 mirrors that majestically reflect the gardens through arched windows.
- Roam around the gardens and explore 250 acres of perfectly manicured lawns and fountains.
- Get a glimpse into the lives of French royalty’s most influential figures.
- Also get a chance to see one of the stunning fountain or musical shows in the Palace’s gardens from April to October.
- Take your pick from English and French-guided tours
What to Expect
The enchanting Palace of Versailles is one of the most extraordinary achievements in 17th-century European art. Situated just 30 minutes outside Paris, in the village of Versailles, this elaborate complex once thrived as an epicenter of political power for the Kingdom of France. Today, the Palace, also known as Château de Versailles, contains 700 rooms spread across 800 hectares. Each year, it is estimated that approximately 5 million people visit the Palace of Versailles, and between 8 and 10 million people walk through its gardens.
Begin your visit by exploring the ornate King's State Apartments. Learn about the French monarchy and explore the themed salons and their elaborate ceiling paintings. Next, make your way to the glittering Hall of Mirrors.
After admiring the inside of the Palace, head outdoors and take in the grandeur of the estate’s impressive architecture. Stroll along the cobblestone grounds, through the beautiful French gardens, and pass by the gorgeous Versailles fountains.
For tips on how to navigate the palace, make the most of your time, and choose the best experience, refer to our Palace of Versailles tours and tickets collection. If you’d like to maximize your time at the palace of Versailles and get a more in-depth Castle experience, check out the Versailles Half Day Guided Tour ticket.
- Skip the line ticket
- Entrance ticket to Palace
- Entrance tickets to Gardens & Musical fountain/shows
- Expert tour guide (English/French)
- Marie-Antoinette estates
Know Before You Go
This ticket has the following variants that you can choose from:
- English-Guided Tour
- French-Guided Tour
Timings and Availability
Versailles Garden Fountain and Musical Shows
- Fountain Show: Sat & Sun
- Musical Fountains: Tue
Reduced Price Tickets
Children below the age of 6 enter for free. Please select the right profile type for your group during checkout. Also, please ensure that you are carrying a valid ID of the members in your group if you select any reduced price tickets during checkout.
Your visit to the Palace of Versailles begins at the Guidatours office, at 10 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, is located approximately 400 meters outside the Palace of Versailles, just across the street from the train station Versailles Rive Gauche-Chateau de Versailles. Should you head directly to the palace with your confirmation voucher, you will not be given entry so please make your way to the tour office
You can find the Google Maps location for the office here.
To reach the Palace of Versailles by train, you have several options:
- Take RER line C to Versailles Rive Gauche. From the station, it’s just a 10-minute walk to the Palace.
- From Paris Montparnasse train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Chantiers station, an 18-minute walk to the Chateau.
- From Paris Saint Lazare train station, SNCF trains arrive at Versailles Rive Droite station, a 17-minute walk to the Château.
Super Flexible Cancellation Policy
You may cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund.
How to Redeem Your Tickets
- You will receive an email with your Versailles Palace Skip The Line Guided Tour Entry voucher within 20-30 minutes.
- Please display the voucher on your mobile phone with a valid photo ID to your guide at the meeting point on the day of the experience.
- Meet your host at Guidatours Office, 10 Avenue du Général de Gaulle, 78000 Versailles, France.
- Guidatours tours office is located right across Versailles-Château–Rive Gauche Train Station and KFC Restaurant.
- Your host will provide you with your skip-the-line voucher and escort you to the Palace of Versailles entrance B at the top right of the Cour d'Honneur.
- This place is just at 5-10 minutes walk from Palace of Versailles.
- To locate the meeting point on Google Maps, simply search for - Guidatours Versailles
Get Directions to the Meeting Point
- Nearest Bus station is Gare Rive Gauche: Bus A, E, L, P, BAK will stop here.
- Nearest Train Station (RER) is Gare de Versailles Château Rive Gauche : Line C of RER stops here.
- For more information on Public Transportation in Paris, plese click here.
Your Versailles ticket is valid at the starting time written in the voucher. In case of late arrival, no refund or postponement will be granted. It takes approximately 3 hours to tour the royal apartments, Hall of Mirrors, Park and gardens. However, your ticket grants admission until closing hours on the day of your visit.